Saturday 28 May 2011

Sabbatical !

Hola people !

It feels like I have not updated my blog for ages, but I have been super busy and I am sure you will let me off. It is difficult trying to find spare time to write at the mo.  I had a nasty shock when I checked my study calendar, I realised a had an assignment to write and only a week to do it ! oops ! I have nearly finished it now though, phew !  Sometimes I really struggle to motivate myself to study, and I must admit I am finding this course particularly difficult, but it will be worth it in the end.  

I have not done any sewing, but I have bought some new patterns  :-))

This Sencha blouse ( I want to make version 3 )


This Ginger skirt ( gonna go for version 1 )

And the Macaron dress !! I love this pattern, but after the crepe calamity - I feel it will be some time before I feel brave enough to have a go at making it. I still feel damaged by the crepe episode. Haunted even !! But I really want to make that back fit at some stage, and then I will be able to make lots of lovely crepes. Yipppeeee !


You can get these patterns yourself from here.

Joy of joys ! I found another fabric shop in Barnstaple - honestly I thought I had died and gone to heaven !! Heathcoat fabrics in Vicarage street. I shall be going there again for sure. And the ladies that work there are super friendly and knowledgeable. AND its got parking for customers !! Imagine all the fabric booty I can buy, without having to walk for ages back to my van.

I bought the following fabrics yesterday - and I only stopped cos I didnt want to bankrupt myself  ;-)

I am going to use this one for the Ginger



And I may use this to make another Ginger


I also got this fabric to make the Sencha


 Pretty non ?

I cant wait to get sewing now, I am going to start on the muslin for the Ginger tonight, I am tres excited. And as its a beginner pattern, and there is a 'sew along' hosted by Sunni - which you can join here, I am feeling hopeful that this time I will get past the muslin stage, and actually finish a wearable garment ! ooo the excitement. I will defo post some pics and let you see how I get along.

In other news, my mini orchard has still not arrived, but I called the company and am hopeful my order will be here soon. Mr P's mum and uncle have bought us some new garden furniture, (thank you !!) which I cant wait to arrive. And here are some pictures of my flowers as I couldn't resist.

                                                                                                             






Our cat, Peaches, she loves the garden too..


And I am pleased I have managed to keep the slugs off my lettuce.

(well, almost !!)

So, as you can see, although I have not posted much - I certainly have been busy !!

Hope you have all had a good week, and its a bank holiday too - how lucky are we !?

Love,

K xxx

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I wanna make the Macaron dress, too, but I'm really scared-- it looks tough and I'm a brand-new sewer! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gingermakes, thanks for your comment. I L.O.V.E the macaron dress sooo much, but like you I feel super scared. I am a total beginner too and so far all I have had is sewing mishaps ! Not cut any cloth yet other than muslin. Though I appear to have inadvertently made a muslin for the Ginger skirt that looks like it could be OK cut in actual fabric. As a brand new sewer I feel so stoked by that I cant even say. Keep me updated with your projects too - its nice to know I am not alone :-) k xx

    ReplyDelete