Monday 16 May 2011

Fabric.com

Hello friends,

Oh how I wish that I had a super massive fabric and notion emporium near to where I live. Alas I don't and so I do much of my fabric buying on-line. There is a small fabric shop in the nearby town of Barnstaple, buts its a 25 mile round trip, and to be fair there is nothing super special in there (although I can still spend hours in there looking at fabrics !).

So, I thought I would share another couple of on-line fabric suppliers with you.

This first is a site from the USA. Good, cheap fabric and shipping rates are not too hectic either.

http://www.fabric.com/

You can get great dressmaking fabrics from this site. And they do samples, which is essential when you buy on-line. I have seen lots of blogs showing finished items made with fabric from this site.

This next site I love alot -

http://www.fabricrehab.co.uk/

Although the fabric is super expensive as they sell it in 'fat quarters', and too expensive for me to use at this novice stage. But oh ! how I love to look at these fabrics, sew pretty !!! I cant imagine anyone who could not be captivated by the candy-ness of the site. Lots of very pretty fabrics !

If anyone does know of a real life, bona fide, excellent fabric store in the North Devon area - please share

  :-))

Other news - Mr P and I went to look at a house for sale today. it has such a lovely garden, and the house is much bigger than the one we live in now. AND its not much more than Mr Ps house is worth - ie we could afford it ! Yippeeee !!.

I so loved it ! It needs alot of work, but I can see real potential, and in my mind I am already harvesting delicious fruits and veggies from the huge garden.

Hmmm - the only flaw in the plan is not only that we have not got a buyer for Mr P's house, but we haven't actually even put it on the market. Anyone spot the obvious mistake ?

I hope your Monday has been kind to you.

K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment