Here are some pictures of my efforts so far. I am making this...
I dislike any pics of me, but had to take a couple to show you what it looks like on. Please do not view whilst eating !! I may put you off your roast, lol
Actually, I just had a roast and therefore now was probably not the best time to take a picture of myself.
But - here you are. I just sat and tacked extra on the side seams (I adjusted the pattern too large !), and the casing for the ribbon. I will be using the ribbon shown in the photos, I fancied a contrast rather than making the ties from the same fabric.
Here are the adjusted bodice pieces (the skirt, ahhhhhh thats another post !)
I have actually added too much on the sides, but the tutor showed me a neat trick for grading around the arm and neck. I was all for adding the same amount all the way around, but she said I should add an amount on each section to measure the same for smaller sizes.
I am having trouble explaining, so you can see what I mean here...
I measured the distance between each size line and added that amount to the pattern. See, I can explain better with a picture :-))
This is the bodice pinned together - you can see my tailors tacks ! Very exciting ! Also the gathers I made. I well love this fabric, it is a cotton poplin from Heathcotes in Tiverton. The ribbon is a deep chocolate brown, also from Heathcotes.
Then I tacked it together and added the ribbon....
And here it is on !!
Ta Da !!!!
(sorry about my bra poking out !)
I am excited about this - I am super pleased with how it looks already and I cant wait to finish my exams and get cracking with this dress. I cant wait to see it all made up !! I am already planning a second version, in silk charmeuse, I think that would look gorgeous !
Well, I had better get on with some more revision !
I hope you are all having a cracking Sunday.