Wednesday 13 April 2011

Hump day !

Hola

So its hump day today ! Yippeeee  we are halfway to the weekend now. I hope your week so far is going well.

I am back from work early as every 4th Wednesday I sit on the local county court desk helping people defend mortgaged and rented properties from repossession. This morning I stopped a pensioners home from being repossessed, and I must admit that makes me feel great. Although I am always very scared when I have about 10 minutes to meet a client, agree a strategy, and then talk in front of the judge, I get such a good feeling when its done, it really does make me feel that what I do can make a difference (and therefore worthy of a very heavily iced Belgian bun on the way home).

As I am all geared up and feeling positive, I am going to make the most of this unexpected bonus of free time by working on my muslin for the crepe dress. Hopefully I will be able to post some pictures of my efforts later this afternoon.

After I finished in the courts, I went to a local fabric store to look for inspiration for coordinating sash fabric for my crepe dress. I was thinking of a pink or mustard fabric to go with my slate grey crepe dress fabric. Alas ! I didn't take a swatch of my fashion fabric and looked around aimlessly, wishing that I had. So I ended up leaving empty handed, knowing as soon as I got home I was going to cut a swatch of my fabric to pop in my purse so that an opportunity such as this could not be missed again. I should explain at this point that my local fabric store is 20 miles away, and I only really get to go to the town that it is in once a month. Boo ! 

And so to work !

k xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment