Monday 15 August 2011

Almost there

Hey people,

So, as promised I have some pictures of my almost finished skirt  :-)  I love the fabric, its a furnishing fabric, probably not the best to start with, but I so loved it, I had to have it.

Was going to sew this evening, but have some other sewing related task to do tonight, more on that later.

So, without further ado - my almost finished Ginger ! Sorry for the not so great snaps ! I ran out of flat surfaces to pose my fabric on ! (this may be a bit picture heavy -  but I did warn you !   ;-)

The altered pattern....

1 panel cut out ...

and lined......

Waistbands cut and interfused........

All the pieces together......

(Nearly) all sewn up....

Almost there     :-)

Hope to have some actual wearing at some point within the next week.

Happy Monday people,

K xxx

5 comments:

  1. Such lovely fabric--I can see why you decided to use it! Your ginger is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ! Yes I think the fabric is quite lovely, I just need to get it finished now, but really want to add some piping, so it may still be a few days before I can wear it. Lets hope it looks fabulous when its on ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So close! It's going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I really hope so ! I shall 'show and tell' once its done, its been a long time coming ! I think I wel and truly missed the Ginger tea party ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that fabric! Good job on your skirt!

    ReplyDelete