Saturday 31 December 2011

Goodbye 2011

Well friends, we made it ! Another year gone !!

I would love to be able to do a 'round up' post filled with all the garments I made over the last year - but I cant as I only made like 3 (2 Ginger skirts and a Sencha). I would be embarrassed to compare that to many of the lovely sewing people out there who have managed to conjure up clothing out of thin air ! (Thin air and LOTS of skill !).

Ladies (and man), I take my hat of to you - every single one of you inspires me daily in some way - and I thank you for that.

Mr P and I have decided not to go out, and rather to stay at home. So my friends, I am sewing ! I have just traced the pattern pieces for the Peony, and am just about to make a full muslin. As I have never made a dress before I am going to make a mock up of the full thing, so I can check sleeves, skirt length etc. Exciting !  Looking forward to sharing some snaps using my tripod - hopefully I can get it finished before I go back to work on Tuesday.

I hope that whatever 2012 brings - it makes you happy. I am raising my glass of bucks fizz to you all and am leaving you with my facebook status - which I like alot !

I hope that everyone has a wonderful New Year !!! Think of what makes you happy and resolve to do more 
of it in 2012. The new year can be a clean slate with which to redesign the story of life - make sure you fill every page with health, happiness, kindness and laughter. Time to forgive and start afresh. I wish you all the very best for the coming year ! xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment