Well, I made me another skirt on Saturday - only cos I have been dreaming about it for some time (you know the usual outfit combos etc in my mind!). I am so so happy with the finished result I cant tell you.
I wanted to share yesterday but had an AWFUL day so didn't - I put on my happy new skirt - felt super dooper cheery, walked to my van and found it vandalised. Everything that could have been ripped off literally WAS ripped off, wing mirrors, windscreen wipers etc. GUTTED is not the word. Everything is so expensive as my van is a Japanese import so I dread to think what waking up yesterday cost me.
Oh well, its lucky I have a sense of humour (I get that from my Ma thank god) and today I tried the skirt on again and everything is OK :-)
So, its Frankenstein skirt v3. I felt that the brown skirt could still have done with a little shaved off the hips, so rather than get my ruler out I eyeballed how much to take off and the gamble paid off. This skirt fits like a dream ! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.
|OMG I photograph BADLY|
The skirt scrubs up pretty darn good though !
the camera is not your friend
the skirt however.......
|Hot Dang ! I love this method|
See how it is almost invisible !
I catch stitched the hem (for a change as I am fine seeing stitches on a plain, but not a bold pattern), and waistband.
I have omitted the lace interior seam finish as I dont have any light coloured lace right now, but I will rectify that.
|Er - I cant blinking believe|
that I sewed this !
I serged the inside seams, and I used brown thread to do so as I could not be bothered to change it ! You cant see it through the skirt so its fine.
this sometime seamstress was getting short
I know how much fabric I need now too - all this time I have been buying shedloads (like 2.5 meters ! in some instances-oh well), and actually to make this skirt I only need like half of 1.6 m, whatever that is ;-))
( I know this as a bought a remnant 1.6 m, 135 cm wide, for £10 - that floral fabric I showed in my last post - and I can get 2 skirts out of it ! )
Now that I have noted the fabric required I need never buy too much fabric ever again (as if that's actually going to happen HA !)
I underlined the furnishing fabric with cotton sheeting. I'll let you into a secret. I was going to use white cotton voile but that shit was £5.99 p/m and 130 ish cm wide.
I bought cotton sheeting fabric for £3.00 p/m and almost twice as wide. Damn at the shop they tried to talk me out of it saying the voile would be better blah blah blah (which was disappointing as I LOVE that shop), but I stuck to my guns and I am so glad I did. I got extra fabric, absolutely PERFECT for lining !!
I have almost enough skirts now from this pattern to join in the ' One Week One Pattern ' over at Tilly's place ! That is what I call exciting !
Please excuse the photos as I been wearing the skirt the last 2 days - I just asked Mr P to snap a few pics real quick to share.
Hope you are all having a wonderful, uneventful week !