Thursday 10 May 2012

Headaches all round

Hello wondrous folk !

So, I have been working on the bodice muslin for a new dress and have made 6, 6!!!!!  muslins ! The pattern didnt go to my size, so I had to work that out for starters, and that was before trying to account on the pattern for bumpy body bits !

Its given me a headache to be fair. So as much as I desire all your suggestions for improvements I cant bring myself to photograph the muslin selection as yet.

Lets just say I was more than a little proud of myself for getting rid of the busty lady's armhole gape ! Its amazing how easy it was. I think I will share my before and after pattern pieces with you as its incredible the amount of changes that I have had to make. Let me know if you wnat me to share how to get rid of the gape - it really is super easy !

In other news I FINALLY printed off the Sorbetto and will be making a version of that probably at the weekend, I need something simple to play with now as this dress making is HARD.

I have also loved lurking all of your MMM posts ! You lot are one big massive talented bunch !

I have not had much time to sew this last couple of weeks as I been busy with my science degree and work ! And really some of my current clients are doing their best to zap every ounce of positivity from my usually supremely positive body ! THEY are also giving me a massive headache !

Still, only a couple more sleeps til the weekend, you cant say fairer than that !

K xxx

4 comments:

  1. 6! My goodness, you are a patient lady. I think 2 would be by max, then I'd either abandon it or make it anyway, flaws included. I bow to your determination to getting a good fit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your muslin, but I'm so impressed with your tenacity! I would have given up after #2 and found a different pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! 6 muslins?! I'm so proud of you for persevering! Very much looking forward to seeing the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 muslins? your attention to detail is really impressive! Your hard work is going to pay off with a dress of amaaazing fit!

    ReplyDelete